Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Day In My Life.


Self-Portrait By Esther Michelle Photography
10-21-09
A classic, Canyon Country, Cali.

So, this week for my photography class, I had to do an individualized documentary on a day in my life. What first came to mind was the classic, in-the-mirror picture. In my head I pictured it with side lighting and quite dark. Since park of the assignment was I had to use natural light and no flash; I decided to wait till it got later in the evening. That way I could get out the Windex, clean my mirror, and use the little bit of sun-light that was shinning in my window. I probably shouldn't have waited as long as I ended up doing, because it almost didn't work. I had to set the aperture really low and I almost still had to have the shutter open for multiple seconds. But I managed to get by with 1/10 of a second and several tries at staying stable even that long. But I eventually happily pulled it off. :]
Go view the rest from this project and others!

No comments:

Post a Comment