Monday, November 9, 2009

Pumpkin


Pumpkin By Esther Michelle Photography
10-31-09
The Minnie Mouse pumpkin I carved for Halloween, Palmdale, Cali.

For Halloween this year I went with my boyfriend, Adam, to hang out with his aunt and uncle who have a little girl and boy. Their daughter is named Timara, and their son is Sean. Every year for Halloween Adam goes trick-or-treating with them, and this is my second year joining them. Plus, this year their other cousins, Matt and Mary Ann, came down just in time to trick-or-treat too. So it was pretty exciting. :]
Since the little ones [Timara and Sean] were too young to be interested in pumpkin carving, we let them pick out when they wanted and the older ones carved it for them. Well, Timara wanted Minnie Mouse, while Sean wanted Mickey. So I carved Minnie for her, and Adam's aunt and uncle carved Mickey for him.
This is my finished product; I hope you like it. :]
The photograph quality isn't fantastic due to the fact I was shooting outside in the dark with lighting being a fake candle and a dim porch light. I was hoping to just get the candle light showing through the pumpkin be the only light but it was just way to dark and I didn't have a tripod to with me, so I was relying on my own stability for the camera with a 1/4 second shutter speed. And to say the least, I'm not a very still person. :b
Check out more of Esther Michelle Photography at Flickr.com

-Esther. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment