Thursday, November 5, 2009

Telephone Pole


Telephone Pole By Esther Michelle Photography
10-28-09
Telephone pole, Canyon Country, Cali.


My photo class ended, which is sad, but I have one more project to share. :]
For my final project I was able to chose my theme. There were still requirements, and restrictions like all the other projects. But for this one we had to pick a topic/theme/thread that could link multiple different photographs together in some way, and then go and take photographs with your chosen theme or thread. It was more in depth then just I chose my dog so I'm going to take ten pictures of my dog. You had to chose something more abstract, and unique; something that would make you think. Like photo items that begin with the letter 'B', or photograph things that portray 'love'.
Well, my idea is a bit different. I chose to photograph all the things that trees have become; all the things we have made out of trees; all of the things that we have been able to do because of wood. And no, I am not some crazy environmentalist breathing down everyone's necks saying the we need to stop cutting down trees.
I thought of it more in the view-point of look how much and how far cutting down trees and using them efficiently has brought us.
I photographed many things, with many different meanings and values. For example, there are telephone poles [like the one I photographed above] that have helped our ability to communicate. Rail-Roads, have brought us so far with transportation, and even economically. The common one, paper, as well as pencils. They have done so much for us. Skateboards are a form of transportation, and are also entertainment. The typical picket fence, makes boundaries, weather it's keeping people in or keeping people out, it is what we make it. Guitars, and a numerous amount of other musical instruments, are made of wood and have brought joy, laughter, and happiness to many people across the world. :]
I almost feel like I'm pitching a campaign for the green party/environmentalists, but I don't mean to be. I mean it more as look at all the things we have been able to do and thrive in because we cut down trees and learned what we can make of them and how they can help us.
:]
Check out the other things I came up with by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment